Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: Chat, Behavior: Barking problems

Hi-
The cost of debarking surgery through the mouth is about $25-$45 in this
area...the main thing is to NOT use just any vet.  Ask around, find out who
specializes in debarking in your area...because if it is done wrong, scar
tissue can develop and block the airway, causing major problems and
requiring a second surgery.  Most of the time debarking through the
neck/throat is only used to correct a scar tissue problem from an
incorrectly done first surgery.  Also, make sure the vet will guarantee the
dog to be quieter or a free repeat surgery...or at least a discount on a
repeat surgery down the road if necessary (sometimes not enough of the cords
are cut and the dog eventually regains almost all of the bark), and like I
said at the beginning of this message...try to find the best vet in your
area.

Hope this helps,
Nicola Schaefer
roustabout@bluebon.net
Prairie Lea, Texas
Home of:  Roustabout Australian Shepherds...
Angel, Anya, Magic, Panda, Turk, Kayla and
Casper(Pyr), Otis(Pug), and Terra(BordCollie)
webpg:    www.geocities.com/petsburgh/3178
ICQ#19107028 (just request my authorization)