[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Snow!

   We have about 3 inches of snow still! We are enjoying playing in it and
looking at it!  Notice I didn't say "driving in it"??!! Got stuck on a steep
hill going into feed store yesterday evening. No traction even with studded
tires. Tried backing down hill and car kept heading for ditch instead of
obeying steering wheel!! Finally went in the exit!!  Got Albert a horse stall
mat for his doghouse to help him stay warmer in there.  It has been very cold
though, so have been lettng him sleep in our house in his crate.    Supposed
to get some more snow. By Christmas it may rain a bit, hopefully still some
snow Christmas morning, though.  :(   I'm hoping my son who has to leave here
(Shelton, WA.) and head back down to Southern California on Christmas Day
manages OK.  (Worry-wart mom here!!)  He does have chains and has been driving
in snow here a lot, so has a bit more experience now.
   Albert loves playing in the snow!!  He burrows his head in it while running
along!  He licks it a lot!  Eats it! Does somersaults in it! Rolls in it!!
Makes me colder just watching him do that!!  BRRRR!!  The first time we went
on a walk down the road in it I ended up doing the splits one time as we went
down a slight hill and one foot slipped on the icy road. ARGH!!  I'm too old
for splits!!  (Unless they are Banana Splits!!) It's been fun having the snow
during the kids' Christmas break! (Winter break?)
   It was even colder up at the ski area, the other day!  Zero degrees there!!
Good skiing, but COLD skiing!! But they made a fortune on hot coffee, hot
cocoa and hot chili that day!! Know we are going through a lot of hot
beverages here now! Stocked up on cocoa again yesterday!
   It has been freezing here constantly and down in the teens (temperature
Farenheit). Our pipes froze three times in our pumphouse for our well.  First
time I put a heat lamp out there. (Usually a lightbulb is fine)  Now have
heatlamp and also turn on a heater four times a day for 1-2 hrs. each time.
Was just cleaning up a wet mess in laundry room, where it seems to have
flooded from something: either frozen pipe that cracked or else the outlet
froze and stopped the flow of outgoing water from washer machine.  Still
trying to make sense of it. Taking a break to get some coffee. Hoping hubby
will soon be here to help deal with it!  I've been moving stuff and figuring
out what's wet and sorting things in piles to wash, or toss out, or just dry
off and move out of the way. That room is so full of stuff!! Wish us luck with
t! With a family of five we need to be able to do laundry!!

Wishing all a Happy Holiday and safe driving!!

:)  &  :)````  (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.