[PyrNet-L] Paddy needs help

Hi Stephanie,

Our Slovak Cuvac developed an imperceptible limp of the right rear leg at
eight years.  The hip and knee checked out fine, and there was no sign of
cancer.  Over the course of six months the limp progressed to dragging and
atrophy.  Visits to the Harvard-run Angell Memorial vet clinic did not show
anything definitive without invasive testing that we opted not to perform,
since the vets doubted they would be able to do much to help in any case.
They concluded it was "degenerating vertebrae".  Since I work in a medical
research institute in a lab that was studying collagen, I began supplementing
his food with all sorts of boiled breast bone concoctions (I was desperate) in
the hope of reversing the damage; nothing helped.  We had to put him down at
Christmas four years ago when he stopped eating and became distraught.   Cyril
was the product of a well-meaning but ignorant back-yard breeder who who
wanted to promulgate the Cuvac breed here but did not have very good dogs to
work with.  Subsequent breedings with a different male produced much healthier
litters.  I trust Paddy has just pulled something while playing and is already
back to normal.

Best wishes,
Gerry and Tuff Travis and the little sausage Pyr Sugar