Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] Noises that bother dogs (was Psycho dog...)

<<  I have wondered about those things that you see advertised that you plug
into an electrical outlet and they emit a noise that only insects and rodents
can hear supposedly and they hate it and leave your home.  (Or so the ads
state!)  I don't have one...but I always wondered if a dog or cat would be
bothered by one of those too. Anyone know??? Also what about the things you
put on your cars to keep deer from getting in your car's path???? Would they
bother a dog out walking down the road with it's owner???  Curious>>

I've read the disclaimer on those noisemaker; they claim dogs and cats "aren't
bothered" by them, but I have never purchased, nor do I know anyone who has. I
do know that of all our dogs - my four and mom's two - the only one who truly
"bugged out" from smoke detector, CO detector, was Hawkeye, blind terrier. His
ears were just so sensitive he'd cry out in pain and run and hide. Pyr, Panda,
just looks quizzically at source, like "who cares?". Must be individual, not
breed.

I have deer whistles on all vehicles. Dogs look at me oddly - indeed, I really
think it keeps dogs, cats, and squirrels from running out in the road - but
I've never seen one freak out and drag the screaming owner into the woods....
:-)

Kathy