Re: [PyrNet-L] biting

Hi Marybeth, congrats on your little one.  I assume you are talking about
actual nipping, and not nibbling?  I have found the Pyrs., to have a
propensity for love nibbles.  But at this age I bet it is nipping.
Remember, dogs are very oral creatures, just like babies, it is how they
explore their world.  So, like Susan said, the object is to control him
without scaring him, or having him tune out.  My  tips would be, a shake
can, firm no, and then transfer his mouth to a chew toy.  If he needs to
get his puppy chewing in, he might as well be chewing on something good
for him.  Just make sure you hold firm, and don't let him chew on you.
He has to learn, your not eligible as a chewy!  Have lots of fun with
Bear, he sounds like a cutie!    Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]