Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat:Deposit(was Home with our puppy)

> Both people had asked for their deposit back.  Doesn't that seem strange to
> you?  A deposit is to hold an animal for you and if you don't complete the
> transaction the breeder keeps the deposit to offset the possible cost having
> to find another home.  Am I wrong?  I am just surprised someone would ask
> for it back.

It depends on the breeder - some tell them the deposit is refundable if
they change their mind. Some breeders also refund deposits if the puppy
the people picked turns out to be unacceptable at going home time and no
other acceptable pup is available - example - picked out a male show
puppy(non Pyr) and it turned out to be a monorchid - breeder offered us
his brother or a refund of the deposit even tho she had said deposits
weren't refundable. I also know of breeders that refund deposits on pups
that are to be placed as pets but not on their show puppies. As you can
see it varies from breeder to breeder and if these people had talked to
other breeders that might be where they got the idea to ask for their
deposit back.

Lisa