Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Summer clip

<<I thought Pyrs weren't supposed to be clipped?  With the pink skin and all

...thought they could get sun burn.  Doesn't their coat act as insulation

winter & summer???        Joy McCarron (Maggie's Mom) >>

The first time my mother saw Panda looking like a big white Labrador she
absolutely bugged out! Started screaming "Oh my God she'll DIE!" She was
convinced the dog would die from a haircut.
Connecticut sunshine is pretty wimpy. When we lived in Omaha I was tanned all
the time; not so here (Every place we all live has its positive; we don't need
A/C, either in house or trucks/car.). I use sunblock on Panda if she's buzzed
down short - like it does a lot of good after she frolics with Hoover in the
kiddie/ dog pool! She has tons of shade to escape the 'wimpy' sun, a big
breezeway that's shady. Alan, other half, has no pigment at all, so we're much
more aware of sun on skin than most folks.
As far as insulation, she was completely miserable before I started buzzing
her coat. Probably an individual thing, like some humans like crew cuts or
simple "guy" haircuts vs the men who wear their hair long and flowing all
summer, preferring to sweat.

Kathy G.Hubbell,
Middlefield, CT
KGHubGas@aol.com