[PyrNet-L] Re: pyr six

<< She is, however, only 83 lbs..  She is about the same size as a large
 Lab.  I freely admit that I am not an expert, but this seems small to me.
Should
 I expect her to grow more?  Or is this it?  I love her no matter what, and I
do
 not have any intention of breeding her...I am simply curious. >>

It depends on how tall she is at the shoulders.  We have a pyr, Sierra,who is
on the small size -- under 25" which is the breed standard (I think about
24").  She routinely weighs about 88 lbs which is perfect (she's now weighing
93 lbs what with winter coat and eating a bit more in winter).  So -- if your
pyr is on the short side, she probably weighs just right.  I'd say that if she
is the size of a lab, or a golden, like Sierra,  her wieght is just right.
You just have a petite Great Pyreness which has its advantages!

Elisa
Sacramento CA