[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert has a playmate now!

   Well last night we got a playmate for Albert!  She is 5.5 mos. old and half
Old English Sheepdog and half Austalian Shepard. Hard to picture, huh? She's a
cutey! Guess she looks more like the Australian Shepard but her markings
remind me of a Landseer Newfoundland! She's black and white with good-sized
spots. Her owner died after he got burned over 85% of his body when a spray
can exploded while he was burning trash. She needed a good home: she's never
had her shots or been spayed or even ever had a collar or leash on or ever
been in a vehicle.
   Now she is used to a collar and leash! Loves to ride in vehicles and is
calm in the van. We have an appointment in a week to have her spayed and get
her shots, etc. In the meantime she can ride in the car, but I won't let her
out of it except at home.
   We all immediately fell in love with her and just KNEW she was the dog for
us!  She was so sweet and calm and loving! Loves to be petted and give kisses
and get belly rubs!  Yet she loves to try to herd and play with Albert! When
either of them is away from the other they whine a bit very quietly.
   I am teaching her some commands already. She seems very bright.
   Last night they cuddled in the doghouse together.
   There were some "adjustments" they went through, but they adjusted well. We
are making sure to give Albert lots of attention and her, too. They really
like being together. They are not acting so jealous of us humans today. We are
feeding them in separate food and water bowls. She can jump right over our
child gates we have set up throughout the house, though.
   I can tell she's here for the duration! A member of the family, just like
Albert and Chester the cat. And all of us are thrilled! Now to find a name for
her!
   Tonight we all agreed that Albert seemed different... a little mellower or
more mature somehow. Or maybe just exhausted! He had no nighttime frenzies at
all tonight! Not as rambunctious at all as he usually is.
   Plus we are grinning for different reasons tonight here, too:
   For those who don't know, we are a theatrical family with a real love for
the theatre. I direct, write, act and do costume design and set dressing and
set construction and props and production manager and research for period
pieces. Sons all act and are good at techie stuff too. Hubby does set
construction and has been sound effects guy and stage manager before. I had
been asked to do all the costumes for the "Anne Of Green Gables" play in
Olympia a few weeks back and have been working on them. Tonight my son Steve
(23) got the romantic male lead part of Gilbert!  I was told I couldn't have a
big part and do costumes, too, and was disappointed as I wanted the part of
Rachel. (I knew I could handle it, but this director has never worked with me
before.) I have been wanting to stretch a bit as an actress and not always do
the heroine or goody-two-shoes parts. So the only parts I was interested in
were Rachel and Mrs. Blewitt. The director did allow me to read for a small
part and I picked the horrid Mrs. Blewitt and I read for it and was given the
part immediately. (Plus she told me that if I wasn't doing costumes she'd have
given me the part of Rachel, as she knew I'd be wonderful as Rachel, too!!!)
That made me feel good and my son Steve and I are really grinning tonight!
Cool! (Oh, by the way, the director didn't know Steve was my son and after
auditions when her and I were discussing auditions she told me he was sure
talented and I said "I do good work!" and she said "Huh?" I said "You realize
he's my son, don't you?" She didn't! ) To make this part pyr-related: One of
these days I hope to have Albert in a play, when he has mellowed a lot more!

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.