[PyrNet-L] Pyr Talk

    Boy can these Great Pyrenees talk when they have a mind to!!  Albert
always amazes us with how he sometimes makes his opinions known! He is not a
big barker, though, except when he wants to play with someone he sees. But he
does get excited about something once in a while in the house and start making
all these noises - real strange ones for a dog to make: Kinda like speech,
howling, woofing and whining all rolled into one! He cracks us up when e gets
into a long speech about something: So many sounds to come out of one dog!!
Usually it is complaining about some sad state of affairs:
    1. We are being most ungracious and rude and stingy. (by not giving him
some of our dinner; or turning down our offer to taste-test everything; or
putting him in his pen instead of taking him with us; or leaving him in the
van when we go in to eat dinner.)
    2. We have tried to curtail his independence and adventurous spirit &
creativity (by not letting him rearrange the furniture; or not wanting him to
use his horticultural skills of pulling plants out of pots; or by wanting him
to mellow out and not be so rambunctious; or expecting him to long down stays;
or using that horrid "N" word: "No!" , or "D" words: "Drop it!" or "L" words:
"Leave It!", or by wrearing out his name: "ALBERT!!!")
    3. We have offended his sensibilities by treating him like a common pet.
(by not letting him on the good couch; or expecting him to lay on the floor
for long down stays; or using that horrid "N" word: "No!" , or "D" words:
"Drop it!" or "L" words: "Leave It!", or by wrearing out his name:
"ALBERT!!!"; or by not letting him have chocolate goodies)
    4. We have been very unappreciative of his efforts to try to help with
chores (like his offering to take care of a large chunk of the laundry when I
bring a basket of clean clothes up to fold; or not wanting him to clean house
by clearing everything off the coffee table with his tail; or washing the
floor by upturning a cup of water or pop onto the floor with his tail; or
picking up those socks and shoes the boys leave on the floor;  or offering to
take some of the Christmas ornaments off the tree for us so we won't have so
many to remove later; or offering to wash the plates clean with his tongue; or
clean the counters when we leave "crumbs" about the size of bagels or loaves
of bread on them; or offering to help us with our own personal hygeine by
shaking all over us when he has some extra water on him.)

 (Many of these things can fit into more than one category, so he feels he is
being EXTRA HELPFUL then! And cannot fathom why we would thwart his plans!!
HUH! HARUMPH! Humans!!)

    And he not only "talks" he does so with a lot of ATTITUDE!!  Besides
talking he also does a LOT of "Harumph-ing" and big sighs of frustration. And
often has an abundance of body language to go with it all!  You can always
figure out what Albert is thinking! He is very open with his feelings!
    That's one thing that is different with his playmate: she is harder to
figure out what she is thinking. She is not nearly as transparent as Albert
is. Albert's whole body screams "mischievious!" when he's about to do
something we wish he wouldn't do!  The little gal you don't have a clue what
she is thinking!  She puzzles us a bit. Can't read her as well yet. Maybe we
will come to later....

 :)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

 Janice Vocke
 MagEBroD@aol.com
 Shelton, WA.