[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Albert & Mattie havin' fun; slime withdrawals for humans.; spay.

   Albert (16 mos. old neutered male Pyr) and his new playmate Mattie we got a
week ago (5 mos. old female mixed breed getting spayed tomorrow) & also Albert
and his sister Heidi (16 mos. old spayed female Pyr) and also our neighbor's
year old mixed-breed spayed female all play so well with Albert.  They rough-
house like crazy and play very hard till they are all tuckered out and their
tongues are hanging out.  They play Keep Away and Tug O' War and wrestle like
crazy. They do not really fight with each other though. Although Albert's new
playmate Mattie does get mad for a few seconds and lay into Albert when he
steps on her too hard or runs over her. Of course she is much smaller and I am
sure it hurts her some. She is over it in a few seconds of nipping at his ruff
and then they are good friends again.  She never really hurts him and doesn't
draw blood so far.  Just warns him to WATCH IT!!  But boy can she get mad!
She really sticks up for herself!  But they are very devoted to each other and
want to do everything together!  We keep thinking they should get some
individual attention once in a while from us humans,  but they seem to get
this concerned look on their faces and whichever one we are inviting upstairs
for individual attention keeps looking behind themselves at the one left
behind longingly. And then the one left behind whines....   :(     Us humans
feel a bit left out and little jealous of their relationship now.  :(      But
it is fun watching them together and maybe the novelty will wear off a bit
later.  What seems to work the best is to just take turns having them in the
same room, but having the humans take turns giving attention to both of the
dogs one at a time.  One of us pets and loves up Albert while the other pets
and loves up Mattie.  It is never long before they want to play again, though.
Our Albert hugs and slimes are not as frequent these days.....  :(   ....but
he is much better behaved and is not chewing destructively anymore. (Knock on
wood!)
   Tomorrow I'll have him to myself in the morning after I take Mattie to get
spayed and get her shots, etc. and before I have to be at work at 1pm.  I'm
looking forward to it!!!  I pick her up Wednesday. For a few days we'll
probably have to keep them separated or at least keep them from playing rough.
So will be getting more Albert slimes for myself maybe.  :)

(me going thru slime withdrawal, Albert grinning & drooling & Mattie grinning)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.