Re: [PyrNet-L] Being sensitive to other dogs feelings .

Thanks Janice, laughed at your tarantula story.  Now there's effort,
above and beyond the call of duty.  But I give you credit!

Your right, I do know people who are afraid of the big cuddly ones too.
But mostly they just stay away from them all.  It does work both ways
though.  The big kids wouldn't understand either, if Su got all the
attention.  It is just that it seems to happen more the other way.

I have a friend (?) who took one of the pups from this litter.  She has
20 Plus dogs as it is, and I admit to being skeptical.  The gal had been
raped in the past, and the only thing that saved her was her Doberman got
out of the house and went after the guy.  The rest of her dogs ( all
rescues ) are a mix of bassets. Dachshunds, mixes, etc.  And so she
wanted another big dog ( the Dobie had died by this time ), and she
became interested when I said I was going to go look at these pups.  All
her dogs are well fed, cared for , spayed and neutered, etc.  The only
thing is, with so many of them, they do not get much hands on  attention.
 When you go over to her place you are swamped and can't move forward,
for the dogs.  I dutifully pat each and every one, and talk to them.
When she comes to my place, she won't even acknowledge the dogs, and
kicks at them to keep them away.  This is also the  gal that calls my
kids the Poofy/fluffy dogs, because I brush them each day.  Her Pyr. not
getting much personal attention has made herself happy by guarding the
rescued P.B. Pigs ( we are also a part of the rescue group/club for these
guys), and stays out with the pigs.  She does a great job, as you would
expect of a  Pyr.  It does annoy me though, that she is what I consider,
very rude to her dogs litter mates.  And surely it is easier to pat five
than 20 plus?  You can never quite figure!

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]