[PyrNet-L] BEHAVIOR,CARE: nervous dog

 A few weeks ago I stepped on Wolf's hind toenail and hurt him.  We  were
at school waiting for the kids to get out.  Bear was with me too and he has
always been more mello and friendly than Wolf  but as I had 2 dogs and Wolf
was getting a little more antsy I inadvertantly stepped on him and then
later after the kids came out I made him sit and he yelped a little bit.
His nail is fine now but Wolf is a nervous wreck about going to the school
now.  I have been bringing him the past few weeks but he hasn't gotten any
better.  Not alone, not with Bear , not with treats just very nervous all
the time.  He was never as kiss me in your face as Bear is but he wasn't
this bad either.  I have to really try hard to hold on to him - he tries to
slip the collar , drag me the other way ect.
I NEED ADVICE!!!  Our last dog was a poorly bred pound puppy that either
had messed up parents or something horrible happen to him at a terribly
young age.  He was a shy nervous dog and we had to part with him because he
would fearbite.  I would like to get wolf over this and as well as training
advice I wondered if any of you knew if herbal remedies such as KAVA KAVA
or Valerian were safe for dogs and in what doses.  If I ever tried the
chemical route it would only be with the hope that having a calm experience
where he is nervous would eventually lead to only calm feelings about such
places and if it is the association of getting hurt there with lots of kids
around that makes him now upset than the reverse can hopefully happen and
he will learn to be fine there again without chemo assitance.  Thanks in
advance for any advice or opinions.  sincerely michelle benson