Re: [PyrNet-L] BEHAVIOR,CARE: nervous dog

<<I wondered if any of you knew if herbal remedies such as KAVA KAVA

or Valerian were safe for dogs and in what doses. >>

As a nurse I go to conferences for CEUs. My last two were on herbal and
nutritional remedies, and (!) the speaker noted Kava Kava was great to calm a
nervous dog (She also told a hilarious story about her wedding, a nervous
almost- husband and Valerian....).

Run down to your local Vitamin World and pick up "Prescription for Nutritional
Healing", by James F. Balch, MD, and Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. Avery Publishing
Group, ISBN 0-89529-727-2
I paid $24.95 for mine; my friend Susan wanted a copy, so I got hers the next
place I found it - Vitamin World, for $12.95!!

One of the things I've learned very well from my classes is that herbs have
fallen out of favor in the US because there's no profit in their sale, NOT
because they don't work.
Another is to get a trusted brand, and check the standardization and purity.

Kathy
KGHubGas@aol.com