Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] Being sensitive to other dogs feelings .

<<On the one hand, she physically cares for them well, it is a
real emotional lack of response that bothers me. >>

I would never let any of you know much about my mother after what I'm about to
say, but she's like that with virtually all her dogs. She could have five or
one, but she's .... distant. She depends heavily on her current alpha dog,
Monster, for protection and companionship, but she's had dogs over the years
that we wonder why the hell she got them. My stepfather was the same way.
Food, water, shelter, rides, but no vet care, no tags, no hands-on. Mom had a
wonderful Pyr she shut out on the screened-in porch (huge porch, but
still....) and just let in the house if the temp went down to 30 or 40 below.
I'm always VERY careful not to mention the phrase "Pyr Rescue" in her
presence.....

The distant-love thing puzzles me, too.

Kathy