[PyrNet-L] kidney problems

is there a history of kidney problems in pyrs?  seamus is drinking too much
water and his urine is too clear, according to the vet.  he sometimes can't
control his bladder and upon waking up will just start peeing without alerting
us that he needs to go out (we call it the peepee dance but you don't need to
know that).  anyway, the vet is going to do a water deprivation study where they
will control his drinking all day and take tests periodically of his urine to
see if his bladder is capable of holding urine for the right amount of time and
what consistency the urine is.

he asked if this type of problem is characteristic of pyrs and i don't remember
there being that many posts about kidney problems, but you don't tune into those
things unless they are directly relevant.

btw, we have been working closely with a trainer who has helped a lot with
seamus' behavioral problems.  his new thing however is that he doesn't like the
stream of workmen coming into the apartment to fix stuff.  this seems relatively
normal but he does lunge at them unless we have him on a leash.  this is what is
frustrating about him--at the vet yesterday, he had a catheter put in, a
thermometer in his you know what, and a blood sample taken all without even a
glance at the vet who was doing all these weird things.  then when we get home
the neighbor's dog walker was in the hall (seamus hears her go twice a day every
day) and he lunged at her in an aggressive manner.  it's frustrating to have an
upredictable pyr BUT he is getting better.  no more aggressive play with me or
my fiance, a lot less fighting with other dogs, and almost no chewing or other
separation anxiety activities.  also, he's much better with guests now (before
he was all over them sometimes jumping up).  the trainer has helped a lot.

anyway, let me know about the kidney problems and what i should alert the vet
to, if anything.

susan