Re: [PyrNet-L] How's Joy?

Gitano Road wrote:

> JOY has adjusted to her new haircut-I still want to cry everytime I look at
> her. ..... Have heard it will grow back, I hope so. At this point-I dont even
> care about hair on everything.
>
> Confidentially, I think JOY is milking this a bit-but oh well. Has anyone on
> the list had to have this done and is it extremely traumatic for the dog?
> How long for the hair to grow out?

Oh, it will grow back.  And Joy will be just fine.  And it sounds like your
husband has taken the thing to heart.  At various times Marple has had to have
parts of her coat shaved because of surgery, and it seemed to me that her coat
grew back very fast indeed.  Conrad arrived from his former home shaved like a
poodle, complete with a shaved down tail except for a pompom sort of thing on
the end.  Don't ask, yes, it looked completely ridiculous, but since I had never
seen a Pyr in full coat at the time, just pictures in books, I had no idea of
how truly ridiculous it looked.  (Until I went to a show a few months later, and
gazed at a whole ringful of Pyrs in full show grooming and coat.  THEN I started
to grasp how truly silly the poor boy looked.)  Spring is coming, she would have
been blowing a lot of coat soon anyway.  Others on the list will be better able
to give you a time estimate, but have faith, she'll return to her full glory.

Best wishes,
Jane Gill