[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Rain, rain go away...pooches still expect me to walk them today!!

   Well, I felt like taking my canoe and paddle when taking the dogs on their
walk today!!  We are in Western Washington and it is flooding here like crazy
today. We are in Mason County and it is in the news a lot now.  I had an early
meeting at 8am this morning and the school bus was not coming down our road
(on emergency routes & schedule.)  I took son to school and had to cross water
twice in the first mile and a total of 3 times before I hit Hwy. 101 about 6
miles away.  Dropped him off and went to my meeting for 1.5 hrs.  Had to wade
through a few inches of water to get to my van after.  Then had to go to the
high school for an hour to do some preparations for upcoming Childrens'
Theatre production coming up in a few weeks ("Sylvester & The Magic Pebble").
While there there was a PA announcement that those students that live in
Skokomish River Valley were being excused early and buses were on the way to
take them home as the Hwy. was flooding by their homes again. When I went to
my van I had to wade through 6 inches of water that wasn't there an hour
before!!  Ran some errands and headed home about noon.  Now had to cross
flooded roads 4 times to get from Hwy. 101 to my home. Busses were on
emergency schedules and routes and son was dropped off 1.5 miles from our home
by bus & had to get a ride home after school.   Went to play practice a few
hours later in my van as son's car's computer and high water do not get along.
Had to cross flooded roads 5 times to get to Hwy. 101. When I came home I had
to cross flooded roads 6 times. Now within a mile from our home there are 3
places where roads are flooded.
   Hubby made it home (he commutes to another town an hour away.)  But he had
to go through 1.5 feet of water in one place.
   Luckily our home has never flooded in the almost 15 years we have been
here. We are on a bit of a rise. Neighbours' river has jumped the banks and we
are ready to start sand-bagging their property if need be. So far so good.
   Throughout it all ..... the pooches still expect to go on their walk!!  My
poor feet haven't been dry all day!!  Sure my neighbours think I'm off my
rocker, but there we were out for our walk, Mattie & Albert and me!!  Funny
how most of my neighbours have dogs too, and I am the ONLY ONE out today
walking the dogs!!! Can practically hear them muttering as they drive by in
their dry warm cars....  "Don't even know enough to come in out of the rain!!"
I really tried to talk the pooches out of their walk... I really did!!  But
they were so eager and I gave in.
   Gotta share about one real Einstein I saw:  There was a huge flooded
portion of the road that you had to drive through for quite some time......
the guy drives in the flooded part and soon realizes that his car door wasn't
shut all the way I guess, as some water must have been leaking in from bottom
of the door..... so you know what this guy does????   He opens his door all
the way in the middle of the flooded part to slam it shut better!!!!   Bet he
felt dumb real quick!!!  And very DRENCHED!!   Cracked me up!!
    Course I probably shouldn't talk...... I probably got a lot wetter on my
walk with the dogs!! It was a funny sight though!!  Couldn't believe my eyes!!
   Keep the people around here in your thoughts. Many have been flooded out of
their homes and it is hard on people and animals alike.  A lot are going
through rough times here.  We are fine here at our home, though.

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.