[PyrNet-L] Travel Warnings

This message was posted on the Tibbie chat list the other day with a request
that it be forwarded to other lists.  Hopefully, no one will ever have to go
through this.

Safe Traveling to all,

Stephanie and Paddy
pyrmom@aol.com

********Begin Forwarded Message********
Yesterday, a member of my kennel club was robbed at the rest area on
Route 75 South, at Georgetown, Kentucky, just North of Lexington.
He was traveling down to the Florida circuit with 11 dogs. He stopped at
approximately 9:30pm to feed and exercise the dogs. When he was
returning from the restroom, a group of three men surrounded him and
detained him. They acted like high school bullies, pushing and blocking
his path. When he got through them and to his cube truck, he realized
his briefcase had been stolen. The briefcase contained his financial
life and the upfront cash payments from some of the owners for whom he
handles.
My friend escaped with all of his dogs, which he counted several times
on the way home, his truck and most importantly his life.
This is not the first time these thugs have frequented this or other
rest stops. I want all of you out there who travel the highways and
byways to whatever kind of competition to be aware of this kind of
robbery.
You know the kind of precautions you should be taking and tend to ignore
for time or convenience. I am making a pledge to myself NOT to ignore
these precautions in the future.
Please be careful out there. I also request that you forward this travel
advisory to other doggie lists to which you subscribe. Lots of folks
will be headed south the next three weeks, we want them to be safe and
secure.
Thanks
Suellen Kelly
Central Ohio Kennel Club