[PyrNet-L] Health: Purple teeth

Ariege, a 20 month old bitch developed a definite purple tinge to the upper
portion of one of her lower canines about two weeks ago. I assumed she had
"bruised" a tooth while roughousing with her younger sister Gema. I wasn't
too concerned, but kept an eye on it. Now both of her lower canines are
partially a pinkish purple. She does not appear to be in pain.

    Upon reading my veterinary manual, pulpitis seems the most likely
cause, although she has strong clean teeth with no decay or signs of gum
disease.

     I wonder if any "listers" have any experience with this.

                          Geraldine

Geraldine Swierzy,
SheepRiver Great Pyrenees,
Alberta, Canada.