Re: [PyrNet-L] Odd Eating Behavior

Put the dog food in the cat bowl!!

Seriously, at that age Panda, who is now four, would take one (exactly one)
nugget out of the bowl, go over and lay down in front of the woodstove, and
eat it. Then she'd get up, go over to the bowl, get another nugget....... it
was hysterical!! My mothers Pyr ate like that too.

My dogs graze; it's every beast for him/herself. The dishpans of food are in
three different rooms on two floors, and even the old lady of the crew, Moshe
Dayan the cat, is entirely self-feeding. They could be dressing up in tutus
and squirting whipped cream on their IAMs, and as long as they don't lose
weight and the food is being eaten we're cool.
They lie down to eat, too. I went out and got a tall feeder so the big dogs
could eat without leaning down...... the beagle and the cat use it! The Pyr
and Lab/Shep still lie on the floor with their noses in the pan of food.  :-)

Kathy and "the crew", dogs, cats, & birds
KGHUBGAS@aol.com