Re: [PyrNet-L] Odd Eating Behavior

>ehehe JOY will only eat if it is dumped ont he floor like trash. No kidding
>she refuses to eat out of a bowl.

I've got two Pyrs who won't eat out of bowls. Partly why I feed in crates!
The food has to be dumped into the crate pan on the bottom of the crate!
Always fed in bowls before but Chelsea would always dump hers. Once Bo's
food dumped out in his crate by accident and he ate the whole meal! I then
decided to try this every night. (Bo was always very thin so I thought he
was just a picky eater) Since I've been doing this he is holding some decent
weight without being hand fed. He's now 8 years old. Figures I'd stumble
onto this after he got his Championship! All those months of hand force
feeding him to put on weight! He never refused any food when I fed him by
hand. Bo is a very prissy dog also. Doesn't like to be dirty. Since I've
been dumping his food for him I've noticed the area around his mouth is much
cleaner. Perhaps he didn't like getting his lips dirty!? What we don't do
for these dogs!!!

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep