[PyrNet-L] [Fwd: Guess what I found last night.]

---- Begin included message ----
Driving home last night I came over a hill and nearly had my truck
totalled by a HUGE Great Pyrenees.  I pulled off the road (partly so
I could stop shaking and partly to see if I could find tags on the dog).
As I tried to turn the truck around two more cars narrowly missed the
dog who was standing smak dab in the middle of the road.

I got the truck turned around and pulled up next to the dog. It was then
that I realized there was not one but TWO Great pyrenees running around
in circles in the middle of the road in the dark. As soon as I stopped
the truck they ran for the door as if to say "Please take us home!".

So I did. This morning my guests (who turned out to be two huge bitches,
maybe mother and daughter) were delivered to the Pikes Peak Humane
Society.  I'd say the older one may be 4 or 5 maybe as old as 7. The
younger seemed to be an "older puppy" maybe a year and half. Both looked
to have been recently groomed (feet were trimmed, nails were not overly
long) and the front half of their bodies were clean. But is seems they'd
had some "digestive upsets" recently and the back halves were a mess.
 Collars but no tags. VERY SWEET girls!!!

If anyone knows of a Pyrenees mailing list like Samfans, maybe you
could pass this message on in the hopes of fnding their people.

They will be held at the Pike Peak Humane Society in Colorado Spings
for the next five days in hopes their owners will find them. Then they
will be available for adoption. I felt really bad leaving them there
but it was better than being dead on the road. The shelter person said
that there is a very active Pyr rescue in the area and that most Pyrs
the shelter gets in are adopted. Made me a feel a bit better....

Now for those of you who know me.... can't you just see me and my bad back
- in the dark - trying to get this overwight Pyrenees bitch up into the bed of by F250
4x 4 (read very high!) truck and stuffed in a sammie size vari-kennel......
her somewhat smaller (and cleaner) sister got to ride inthe cab with
me....

Anne and the WhiteStar sammies
anne.oneill@mci.com
www.geocities.com/Yosemite/1114