Re: [PyrNet-L] [Fwd: Guess what I found last night.]

<<Now for those of you who know me.... can't you just see me and my bad back
- in the dark - trying to get this overwight Pyrenees bitch up into the bed of
by F250
4x 4 (read very high!) truck and stuffed in a sammie size vari-kennel......
her somewhat smaller (and cleaner) sister got to ride inthe cab with
me....>>

Hope the Pyrs find their family!

We rescued a pig (yes, a pig!) once. Our deduction was that she had been on
her way to the auction and had fallen overboard. I was with my 13 year old
Godson/ nephew; we couldn't get the pig up into the 4WD pickup. So here we
have two big barking dogs, now in the cab of a Toyota pickup, a 13 year old
city boy who had it in his head this evil pig was the queen of vasectomies and
was out to get.... him, and a slippery 200 pound (?estimated?) sow with a
broken leg. Finally my husband happened along, muscled piggy up into the
truck, ordered terrified boy to piggy-sit so she'd ride ok, and  off we went
to the vet. Not the slaughterhouse, the vet. This could only happen in
Connecticut! The receptionist at the vet fell in love with the pig, whose
broken leg was pinned. The sow roamed the back halls of the vet hospital for
weeks, then the receptionist adopted her and took her home. She is now a house
pig, or at least was. She'd be about eight or nine by now... and I have no
idea how long pigs that aren't eaten live.

Hope y'all get a laugh out of that one.

I often wish I had a herd of some type so I could rescue ALL these Pyrs.

Kath, Alan, Hoover, Panda, Standish