Re: [PyrNet-L] Training Collars

klbyrd@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I am looking for a suggestion regarding the best training collar for a
> Pyr.  Our trainer is suggesting the pinch collar because we are having a
> hard time getting her attention (she is 10 weeker old) and because the
> fur is so thick around the neck.  I am undecided.  I've never liked the
> pinch collar idea, but what she says makes sense.  Any ideas/opinions
> would be welcomed.
>
> Kris

>         unsubscribe pyrnet-l
 Hi Kris,

 I would never put a pinch collar on a 10 week old puppy. A flat buckle
collar is the only collar your puppy should have on right now. I would
wait on the training collars till she's abit older.

 Use praise, toys, and lots of food to get her attention. They're
pups-short attention spans  :)

 When my boy was in playschool(doggy kindergarten) he wore only the flat
buckle collar. Then as we progressed we began using the training collar
and then used the pinch collar. The only time I have the pinch on him
now, is when we go for our jogs. I'm doing Open Obiendence Work with him
and I use LOTS of praise and LOTS of food.

 Hope it helps!

 Sonia :)