Re: [PyrNet-L] Training Collars

Well, I saw alpha dominance theory somewhere.  No offense, I
wouldn't listen to you either if you kept putting me through boot
camp and forcing me to do things.  There was a discusion on
another list and I'm going to dig out some reference articles and
post the locations for reading.

The Danger of Alpha Wolf Pack Dog Training:
http://www.mans-best-friend.org/alpha_wolf_pack.htm

Alpha Schmalpha:
http://www.clickandtreat.com/alpha.htm

Who's the Boss:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/4159/boss.html

Can Training Be Holistic, Part II:
http://www.flyingdogpress.com/wolfart.html

The companion book:
"The Culture Clash: A revolutionary new way of understanding the
relationship between humans and domestic dogs" by Jean
Donaldson and the one dealing with specific behavior problems by
the same author:  "Dogs are from Neptune."  The books are well
worth reading whether you agree with them or not.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/