Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA protest rebuttal

Hi Everyone,
I find it odd and funny that not only is this poster unwilling to let us know
who he/she is but - their post has clearly distorted the contents of the
letter and apparently the poster as Darrell put it is merely "speculating" on
its purpose.  To avoid any further confusion here is the letter that was sent
to the membership.  It's purpose is clearly to inform the membership of an
injustice that was served to a potential GPCA member and to inform the
membership that the Board of Directors voted on a issue of "ownership" which
is clearly beyond their jurisdiction according to the GPCA Constitution.
PROUDLY posted by
Karen Justin
Impyrial Pyrenees

To all members of the Great Pyrenees Club of America:

	Recently the Great Pyrenees Club of America Board of Directors voted to deny
membership to an individual because of a protest.  The protest stated that the
applicant was keeping something from the member that they wanted.  The
applicant legally and rightfully owns this object which the protestor wants.
The board of directors appointed a committee to investigate the protest and
this committee concluded that this was not an issue for the GPCA, the GPCA had
no right to be a judge and jury in ownership issues, the GPCA should not be
involved in this problem and therefore the protest should not be upheld.
Despite the facts that were presented to the board, which included transcripts
of cases that have set precedence in these issues, along with documents
provided by the applicant proving her case of rightful ownership, the
applicant was still denied membership. This is NOT an issue for the GPCA.  In
cases of membership protests, the applicant needs a 2/3 vote to be accepted as
a member.  The vote was split.  It appears that some board members were unable
to look at the problem objectively as they have personal relationships with
the protesting party.  The majority of the board was able to look at the issue
with objectivity and could clearly see that this was not an issue for the GPCA
to decide and voted to allow this person membership.  Most of the individuals
who voted against membership have direct involvement with the protesting party
and even though they were offered to recuse themselves, they did not.  This is
a clear cut case.  The Great Pyrenees Club of America has no authority to
decide issues of ownership.  If the protesting party truly believes this
object to be rightfully hers, a court of law is the proper forum to have this
issue resolved -- not a parent breed club.  Do we want OUR club's board to
decide who should own what? Do we want the board of directors in our homes
making rules and discriminating against individuals because of personal
disagreements?  Do we want the GPCA in our whelping boxes making decisions of
ownership?

	At the National Specialty during the General Membership meeting a motion will
be made to allow membership to the individual that was denied membership by
the minority of the board of directors.  A vote will take place.....please!
It is important for you, the members of the GPCA,  for the future of the GPCA
and our Great Pyrenees to let the board know that we will not be influenced by
politics and threats, we will not be dictated to by a small minority, that the
GPCA has no right to decide ownership, and has no right to be a jury in cases
such as this.

Donna Coffman, VA
Karen Justin, NY
Sponsors