Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA protest rebuttal

>Hi Everyone,
>I find it odd and funny that not only is this poster unwilling to let us know
>who he/she is but - their post has clearly distorted the contents of the
>letter and apparently the poster as Darrell put it is merely "speculating" on
>its purpose.  To avoid any further confusion here is the letter that was sent
>to the membership.  It's purpose is clearly to inform the membership of an
>injustice that was served to a potential GPCA member and to inform the
>membership that the Board of Directors voted on a issue of "ownership" which
>is clearly beyond their jurisdiction according to the GPCA Constitution.
>PROUDLY posted by
>Karen Justin
>Impyrial Pyrenees

I would have to differ with Karen here.  The Board of Directors voted on
whether or not they wanted this person as a member of the GPCA .  They
did not vote "on a issue of ownership" at all.  It was decided within the
rules of the club that her application would not be accepted.    There
was a failure to obtain two-thirds (2/3) of the vote to accept the
applicant.
What I don't understand is why you would co-author such a letter and lambast
the board members who voted against the application when you are now
facing having to win a three-quarters (3/4) vote on your second motion.
Clearly you are working against that favor with your accusations in this
letter.

>A vote will take place.....please!
>It is important for you, the members of the GPCA, for the future of the GPCA
>and our Great Pyrenees to let the board know that we will not be
influenced by
>politics and threats, we will not be dictated to by a small minority...
>
>Donna Coffman, VA
>Karen Justin, NY
>Sponsors

I'm confused here, why then does a club have a board of directors?  Are you
saying  you just won't be influenced by politics and threats when you
disagree?
Isn't this the exact need for a board of directors?  Stating that you "will
not be
dictated to by a small minority" is not really going to win votes from that
"small
minority".  Unfortunately, I think we will always be influenced by
politics.  Isn't
that the purpose of your letter?  Are you not trying to influence us here
with
your own politics?  Finally, what threats are you being given?

Tim Parks