Re: [PyrNet-L] Hamster Pyr?

Evelyn, All my Pyrs do this! Another thing I have noticed is that when they get into something they shouldn't they have a tendency to tippy-toe real fast to a secluded corner to devour their "treasure"! I had one puppy that was constantly into everything! I was always chasing her around pulling tissues, papers towels, etc. out of her mouth. This was rather tiring. What I finally did was to start carrying dog cookies in my pockets. Since she had never been punished for her thievery, just mildly reprimanded, (she was so darn cute and innocent looking) I started calling them her "treasures". When I would hear the telltale fast tippy-toe I would call out "Tessie got a treasure? Let me see!", in a very cheerful voice. She would then happily trot to me and show me her treasure. I would then offer her a cookie in exchange and she would just as happily trot off to go eat her new treasure. She actually got to the point that as soon as she "stole" something, she'd just come to show it to me. Perhaps my idea worked a little too well. Thankfully she outgrew her penchant for getting into most things. <VBG> Staying one step ahead of her was a real chore. She certainly was a smart Pyr!

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep