[PyrNet-L] Re: Boris and ostoearthritis

Thanks for everyone who has been posting about Boris.  The current problem I
am told is the lack of cartiledge in his knees -- it is virtually gone
although the Dr. can't say for sure what remains, if anything, since xrays
are imperfect.  But suffice it to say they aren't showing much cartiledge,
along with missing anterior cruciate ligaments which would provide internal
knee stability if they were present.  Boris is not over weight, but he's not
underweight either.  He has been on glycoflex and glycosamine since August
which is the same thing as Adequan or Cosequin, and remains on it.  We had
terrific results until recently when he pulled his ligament.  Unfortunately,
nothing can replace the cartiledge and once its gone -- its gone.  You can
only manage the results, with the downside that if you make it painfree, more
damage is done when your dog becomes active.  I can just imagine what the
Rimadyl dog in the commercials (the one that is leaping over tall cars and
buildings with a single bound) is doing to himself in the process.    I'm
interested in the Health stuff -- but it sounds similiar to Glycoflex with a
few additional things like the Ester C.  So far, no surgery has been
developed to replace entire knee joints, cartiledge and all.  It's just so
frustrating to stand by and see an otherwise healthy dog be limited in this
fashion, with the knowledge it's all downhill from here.   We just take each
day at a time.  Thanks for your support.

Elisa