Re: [PyrNet-L] Shampoo

This is the shampoo we use on our pyr also.
Efa Hylyt, soap free/hypoallergenic.....etc.
We buy it from our veterinarian, who reccomended it early in our puppyhood
(8-16wks) when we were fighting puppy acne and dry skin.
It works wonderfully, and smells GREAT!  Made by DVM Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
I've never seen it offered in a catalog.  I also reccomend the Efa Hylyt Bath
Oil spray for the occasional spiff up.  Works well as a temporary doggie odor
fix, and can be mixed with water to use as an after shampoo rinse, has a nice
perfume to it also, kind of cedar/pina colada-ish.

We've also used Snowy Coat (by Lambert Kay) on occasion, I like the
"whiteness" it adds, but for some reason, the "cleanness" doesn't last as
long as after bathing with the Hylyt.  (Does that make sense??)  Maybe Hylyt
cleans better/deeper and we can get by with many many more rolls in the mud
followed by a good brushing than when using the Snowy coat.  Therefore I see
it as a quantity vs. quality issue.  More expensive shampoo, but fewer
baths......cheaper shampoo.....more baths.

Just my two cents!

Deanna