Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Breeding: American vs.....

In a message dated 4/30/99 1:07:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
profitmanage@mgenerations.net writes:

<< One question, why if one doesn't
 >  breed a French bloodline or like the look of such are they labeled as
 >  "having no clue what is correct to begin with..."  >> >>

<<Actually someone did say this. >>

I did not read anyone saying this.  I believe I have read all the posts on
this subject.  The post you describe may be the one that talks about the
French head and elsewhere in the post talking about a broader subject and
referencing those breeders who do not have a clue.  I have seen no one say
that if you don't breed French type heads you do not have a clue.

<, I guess what I am clumsily trying to ask is are there no
North American bred dogs that qualify as "correct dogs, universally
acknowledged as same"?>>

Of Course there are.  No one said there were not.

<<<<"We have the soundest dogs in the world but..."
> (hope I'm not misquoting someone).  I don't think we should glaze over
this>>

No one is.

<>

You always balance choices and soundness, size, type are some of the things
you take into account.

I have not seen anyone "condemned" for their subjective assessment of correct
type, which others may have a different view.  I have seen condemnation for
those who cannot learn or have no interest in learning or studying what went
before them.  These are the clueless ones and need condemnation, because they
have no point of reference other than their singular wants.  Chances their
wants will not conform to what is correct.  Ignorance is not noted for
accuracy or good work product.

Joe