Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding

In a message dated 4/30/99 7:10:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< (For example) look at the number of Pyrs imported into America by Mary
Crane, into the UK by Madam Harper >>

A lot of what Mrs Crane did was truly heroic.  Maybe the same could be said
for Madame Harper as well.  We probably got here in North America much of the
good stock that was in Europe just prior to WW II.  This was rescue of the
highest order.  Unfortunately all that was imported was not so good as well.

Tell us something about the history of how and from where the dogs came to
New Zealand starting in 1947.  I always assumed they came from England and
Australia.

Joe