[PyrNet-L] NZ Stock (or bedtime reading!!)

Had to find a copy of the Handbook we wrote in 1994. Rec arrival 1947 De Fontenay and then De Fontenay 1948. Both these Pyrs carried the French Imports from UK but not bred from.Then the 2 Pontail Pyrs into AK Zoo in 1952 (I made a mistake earlier on that) 55/56 two more De Fontenay which were a Breeding Pair of half bro/sister. Managed some 5 litters and the base even today in a few bloodlines.Last regd litter from those kennels was in 1960. 1964 another de Fontenay so you can see how it went!!  Early photo of Cirano shows an all white Pyr (sitting down!) but with lovely head,
1969 Lynlie Watson brought back Pondtail Zbrowski daughter Cherryglen Elizabeth and then 1972 Briarghyll Excelsior  a Pondtail Zbrowski son from the UK. Bred for around 9 years here. More arrivals from UK 1973 Tudwick Jodie,75 Fearless Fred of Dorlin,Shillonas Ronan,Shillonas Joanna along with Aust Imp Andorra El Dorado followed by Briaryghyll Paragon.
1974 Carabrae bitch,Awton Dog from UK.
Imports ease of a bit until Bucklands Rhapsody from UK 1981.1984 Two more Andorra Pyrs from Aust and a large gap until 1990 with a Despreaux Dog from Aust whose breeding had two Canadian Imps, 1 Am Dog who had been imp into Aust. 92/93 two Pyrgold Pyrs from Aust both from frozen semen  from Cornashe Cristophe UK. 3 more Pyrs from Aust with the older lines there, 1995 A Laudley bitch UK, Startrax bitch UK, Despreaux Dog sire Frozen semen UK, 1996 Startrax Dog Uk, 1997 Am Dog from Shadeehills.
Would have been quicker to send you the book Joe (do you want one?)
Some of those earlier imports were good, some not so good as you say but the biggest problem seemed (seems!!) to be the not blending these lines to their best advantage. The most prolific stud dog of recent years was (too old now!) the first Despreaux Dog and much of the breeding has him in the background. His lines have the Canadian, American and French bitches(from Canada). The other two studs here making an impact I feel are the younger Despreaux Dog and the Shadeehills dog, He was mated to a grand-daughter of the older Despreaux Dog and her dam was a grand-daughter of an Am dog.So you can see there is quite a gene pool building up again. We came to a bit of a halt in 1989 and really couldn't do much. The imports here in the last 10 years have offered us a lot.
Probably missed out a few but yes we were mainly based on UK and Aust lines  to begin with but also keeping in mind that the very early De-Fontenay stock carried all Madam's imports into UK.
Best wishes
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/