Re: [PyrNet-L] NZ Stock (or bedtime reading!!)

In a message dated 5/1/99 4:46:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz
writes:

<<  The most prolific stud dog of recent years was (too old now!) the first
Despreaux Dog and much of the breeding has him in the background. His lines
have the Canadian, American and French bitches(from Canada). The other two
studs here making an impact I feel are the younger Despreaux Dog and the
Shadeehills dog, He was mated to a grand-daughter of the older Despreaux Dog
and her dam was a grand-daughter of an Am dog. >>

I am not surprised.  If the Despreaux is the breeding that I think it to be,
I have admired that line in the past.  Startrax and SandeeHill are also
excellent type wise.  Some of the earlier English stock was heavy headed and
bodied for my taste, but I do not know the dogs you mention.

It is good that you document the history of the breed.  I like the
information about the dogs.  To me the dogs are always the stars.

Joe