Re: [PyrNet-L] Triglycerides & Cholesterol

But isn't something strange about him if Christi believe's
>her pup is too small yet he's already so much heavier than mine at half his
>age?
>Matty Costa

There is a difference between being 'too small' and being 'too thin'.  Some
Pyrs will be bigger than others. My 5yo Pyr Halley weighs 37kilograms.  She
is small, but she is not thin.  My 6 month old Pyr Milou is 32.5 kilograms.
But she is not overweight (nor is she thin). She will be a lot bigger than
Halley in the end.  The weight a dog is should suit the dogs structure -
what is healthy for it - and not just some ideal of how heavy we think it
should be. If a dog at its healthy weight is within the weight guidelines
set in the breed standard, great!  If it isn't....well.....back to the
discussion on breeding for size. :-)

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia