[PyrNet-L] size and Tornado

Great news to hear that Mitzi and folk are all okay. What a disaster and so hard to imagine.
Cindy, printed your observations off to read.
What age does av Pyr heat start?  Here is seems to be around 10-14months and some a bit earlier. Prefer later myself because feel sure that the hormones do have something to do with the growth in the girls.
You are lucky to be able to have the chance to observe the litter mates as they grow but I think you'll find they should all be doing some sort of growth/maturity still at 13months plus. Majority of Vets here prefer to spay a bitch after the 1st season. Is this still the old fashioned way of thinking? I have heard the reason being that the bitch(s) may not put on the weight so quickly but I would think that's a matter of controlling the diet.
Dogs are like humans, some take after their parents in looks, build etc, others after grandparents/g.grandparents so I would expect if you could see videos, photos etc of the family tree you might find that Polar Bear& Ida May have "rellies" back there whom they resemble in structure etc.
Some Pyrs grow more quickly than others and look mature at 12months. I rather like the ugly duckling when he turns 2 and becomes handsome!!
Nutrition, exercise,grooming play a big part in the potential of a dog but cannot say how neutering/spaying affects my own personal Pyrs here these days as my 4 males and 1 bitch are all entire.That may well change in the next few months.
Would be interested in your observations on the litter mates in another 6months Cindy.

Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/