[PyrNet-L] Stop that MIME!

People,

Many of you have your e-mails sent to the list using MIME-encoding -
either on its own, or *as well as* normal text. You may not realise
this, or it may look fine on your mail reader (when you get the Pyr-Net
list), but to many of us, it turns your e-mail into unintelligible
spaghetti !

If you don't know what (or where) this setting is found on your PC, I
can at least point out its location to Netscape 4.5 users:
1: Use the menu option  "Edit | Preferences"
2: Then the choices "Mail & Groups | Messages"
3: Then hit the "More Options" button.
4a: Make sure the choice for MIME messages is OFF.
  b: Make sure the message is sent as Plain Text (NOT HTML - sending as
HTML has few benefits on an e-mail list, except for including your
website's address - and most of us can easily copy and paste that into
our browsers' search bars anyway, right?)

This will ensure that everyone's posts look like [the first bit below]
and not [the rest of it]:
[PS: Sorry Jan - you were just a handy example!]. This will result in
shorter posts - and less time to download messages!!

Bye all!!

The actual e-mail: