Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Size

In a message dated 5/6/99 8:17:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, clhenke@juno.com
writes:

<<  I think that is why the focus has been on
 size through most of this.  There are folks that want it to be a smaller
 dog and move like smaller dogs do?!  No problem with that other than
 being careful when you buy, to shop and get what you want in a Pyr.  I
 would prefer that my beloved foursome were larger than what they are.
 And I keep hoping for a little bit extra being squeezed in there beyond
 their 13 mo.  That's my hang up with size. >>

What we want is not always completely consistent with what the breed was
historically.  We should not change a breed because we "want" something.  I
have never seen from any credible source that the breed was a "giant."  Lets
be careful and not reinterpret the breed standard in accordance with our own
wants.

Joe