[PyrNet-L] Re: Size

Jan writes:
<<Quick look under General Appearance (NZ Standard also UK one) "Great
size.
substance, power,immensely strong yet well balanced dog, these qualities
should be accompanied by a certain elegance etc etc."
Are there any other Breeds I wonder with the word "elegance" in their
standards? The word elegance when applied to our Breed is the result of the
correct head, attractive coat and a general air of quiet confidence and the
above qualities.
Great size could be defined as the height/weight ratio and full coat,
something we sometimes cannot expect until  maturity.>>

Yes I know the UK standard states that the elegance comes from the correct
head and attractive coat, but I wonder where they have this idea, as I
don't see anything in the French standard to indicate that this is, what is
meant by "not avoid of a certain elegance". I think the part about the head
is correct, but I believes it is also meant to indicate that the pyr most
never be a heavy dog, but a strongly built dog with a good lenghts of legs.
Also I wonder about the part about the coat, what about an  unwashed dirty
coat, is that attractive enough to be called elegant ? Yet that is what is
mostly seen in French shows, does that mean that the French pyrs are not
elegant ? And why would the French use the word elegant to indicate
something that is not normally seen in French shows. The way I see it, the
most heavily built pyr may have a very attractive coat, but that does not
make it elegant.

Lene Nielsen
Denmark
sandybear@intercity.dk