Re: [PyrNet-L] French Pyr

>Recall some discussion recently re French Pyrs.Alain Pecoult has sent me a
>photo of one of the top winning Pyrs in France. I have it on file if anyone
>wishes to see it and will email privately if requested. Unfortunately the
>handler is crouching down behind the dog so difficult to gauge the height
>however having seen photos of the dog previously with a handler standing I
>would estimate his height at around 31" at shoulder. A very nice photo I
>thought, in black and white.
>Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
>visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/

What is the name of the Pyr? (I would love a copy please Jan)

I have just today taken delivery of a book 'Le Chien de Montagne des
Pyrenees' by A Guardamagna.  It is in French (which I don't speak except for
a word here and there), so the dictionary is really going to get a workout,
as are my French-speaking friends :-D.  But it has a LOT of great photo's of
French dogs and some great diagrams.  It has quite a number of really great
photo's of FrCh Estom du Comte de Foix (from the number I would say a
favourite of the authors?), a dog I have admired from other photo's I have
seen - these photo's just blew me away though - THAT is a Pyr!!!!!!  Any
comments from people who may have actually seen him?  What is he like 'up
close and personal'?

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia