Re: [PyrNet-L] French show pix up!

Hope that Pyrnet is up and running again.  Hooray, school is out and now
I have time for e-mailing.

Thanks, Joan for the pictures from the French National!  I would love to
go some time.  One of the things that I noticed in your pictures was the
difference in head types between Gardayan and the two brothers in
pictures #2 & #3.  Do Pyr head types vary as much in France as they do
in the U.S.?  I went back and looked at Joe's pictures of the winning
Pyrs over the years in Franch (Great Pyrnees Journal). Gardayan and most
of the winning dogs have heads that are not much different from many
nice-headed Pyrs in this country.  Somehow, my idea of "french type" or
"refined" is more like the dogs #2 and #3 in Joan's picture.  So, I was
surprised that Gardayan and Estom do not have that type of head.  Joan,
Joe can you comment on this?  Do you think that the French judges
consider Gardayan or the dogs in #2 and #3 pictures to be more correct?
Do the dogs in #2 & #3 pictures have enough fill under the eyes?  Would
love to get comments on this from people who have knowledge of French
dogs.  I have been confused watching M. Mansecal judge because he has
not seemed to like those heads that I think he should like.  I'm still
trying to learn about that "correct type".
Charlotte (free for the summer in Virginia)