[PyrNet-L] Health discussion

Went in to visit one of the sites mentioned last week and for the first time
saw 2 dwarf Pyr puppies. This was a subject I think Joe had mentioned the
other week when we were listing some of the problems we have come across
over the years in the Breed.  I know nothing about dwarfs other than having
read the odd article and have not to date seen the wee guys here.  Is this a
recessive gene that becomes dominant? What is their life span? Would they
suffer severe health problems? Is there any sort of testing available to
detect why some puppies are dwarves?  I have to tell you that after seeing
them it kept me awake thinking about them. Can a dwarf puppy be detected
very early on in a litter say around 2 weeks? Lots of questions.
Thankyou. PS PMDC Website has a Health Section added and I noticed Bloat was
mentioned but haven't had ime to read it yet.
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/