[PyrNet-L] health/dwarfs

Noted in my response to Darrell that I had not heard of the problem of
dwarfs before in other countries. Can I just amend that and say that no one
has mentioned to me(nor have I read of) this problem in other countries.
Breeders' honesty and the tolerance of others towards these problems and any
other possibly genetic problems may well have been hidden due to being
"tarred with the brush of, well I wouldn't go there to get a puppy, she/he
has x amount of problems".  This is one of the reasons I hip x-ray and score
my Pyreneans.  Sure I'll be honest with anyone BUT what if it's thrown back
in my face after I have discussed any problems with "someone" and that then
gives them the right to run down my breeding?? This has happened to me so
many times over the years with people I have started off in the Breed that
it wants to make me back off and keep my mouth shut!! This is not the way to
deal with problems I know that but how many times do you have to feel hurt
when you've been honest with people?? My answer ( and it's probably not the
best one) is to go out with my dogs (home bred and imported) and knock the
socks off them in the show ring!! Sure, it's probably a minor way of doing
it , and having a handler who you just happened to give birth too( watch out
for Tessa Rose)  and is one of the country's top handlers, but try and wipe
the grin off my face when the dogs' have won a Best of Group, age class In
Show and then a Best In Show!!  Don't the stud enquiries come rushing in
after that one!! My turn to be selective then I think but let me assure you
I have had dogs who have seldom been in the show ring mainly because they
didn't care for it who have been top producers for me but others' can't see
that side of things can they?? All they see is the winning dog on the day
never mind what has gone before and what is still to come.
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/