[PyrNet-L] health/dwarves

Nothing wrong with your "poor"attempt to explain what you think Tracy.
Remember the genotype/phenotype?Photo type, what you see is what you get,
gene type what you don't see you also get. It would take many years'
experience and knowledge for yourself and from your Breeder(s) and those
whom they purchased their Pyreneans from to give a totally "no we don't have
those problems".  I recall (here we go again!!) a Pyrenean expt to another
country many, many years ago. A stunning looking dog on all aspects of the
Breed. Type (that word), coat, movement but when the Judge opened his mouth
to check the bite, it was appalling (overshot).  The owner contacted the
Breeder overseas to mention it and was told by the Breeder, "rubbish we only
export the Best!! His reply was. "I would hate to see your worst". There was
no comeback (travel by sea took 8wks) and the dog was used for Stud. Many
years on I saw a litter he had sired and 4 of the pups had the same overshot
jaw!! We can question why the dog was used back then but we must also
remember the very narrow gene pool that existed years' ago.  I  did a
mating some years ago where that dog was on our pedigrees several times and
my friend and I were more concerned about the mouth problem than anything
else.  The end result was perfect mouths but a couple of other things we had
not counted on because of our total obsession with the mouths which was
caused by my wonderful memory!! Just a further aside, here in NZ I am mainly
known by my real name of Janella. This is further used as "Janella on her
apple box" and in our Newsletter over the years I would bring up these
things and wait for a response which was usually zero.  Was it because I
have been President of the Club for 16 years? Newsletter Ed for 13yrs and a
Life Member that I could say these things and get a way with it? Here on
Pyrnet-L I feel that I am dealing with people who have been through as much
as I have and more and understand that we must discuss and learn to go
further ahead?
Thankyou all for your tolerance and patience and understanding.
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/