[PyrNet-L] Re Health discussion

It has been many, many years since my animal science classes in collage, but back in the olden days we would breed father to daughter (this was in sheep) before putting a particular stud ram "out" for general service, or feel good about selling any young stud ram from him. In this way we could (hopefully) catch any "bad" faults, either health or conformation, before they really got going.
    However with this dwarf gene needing both parents to show and then only 50 percent, you would have to breed him to all his daughters. Hundreds of puppies---forget it, bad idea.      I need to bone up on my genetics       Sharon