Re: [PyrNet-L] Re Health discussion

In a message dated 6/4/99 2:08:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, shasta@srv.net
writes:

<< However with this dwarf gene needing both parents to show and then only 50
percent, you would have to breed him to all his daughters. Hundreds of
puppies---forget it, bad idea.      I need to bone up on my genetics
Sharon  >>

You can test breed a dog or bitch to a known carrier.  Pretty tough way to
confirm but probably the best until we get a genetic marker.  Now find a
known carrier that is available to you, especially to a dog i.e. a carrier
that will whelp pups for your confirmation.

Joe