Re: [PyrNet-L] French pix

bamb@monmouth.com wrote
I have also been told that the dwarfism in
>Pyrs is different than it was in Mals. Don't know as that is
>necessarily a correct statement. Anybody out there know?

The mal's dwarfs are those of chondropdysplasia (faulty cartilage) which has
been seen in pyrs.   according to their web page this is the only type that
has been seen in mals and both parents must be carriers.    Of course as in
pyrs there are different grades of severity.

Sounds as if we are talking about the same (similar) in pyrs.   i do not
know the specifics on the pituitary gene regarding both parents being
carriers - if anyone does please comment

Dianne Migas - NJ
jdmigas@email.msn.com

Have you hugged your Pyr today?  Gunner's off to the "Fat Farm"
and Murphy's still ROTF laughing!  Ha! Ha! "FAT BOY"