Re: [PyrNet-L] New to the link

Lauri,

i TOO have electronic fencing, and when left outside alone ,it doeesn't do a
whole lot of good for my Cid.  As soon as another dog can be seen, off he
goes, like the fencewas never there. Cid is 2 yrs and 110,  we've shaved the
fur under his neck, and it DOES zap  him, but like a few of the other Pyrs
I've met in my short time on earth, once he sets his mind to go, he's usually
gone. And it's usually a cal from the neighbors that lets me know. We got the
fence because Cid decided he was "King" of our neighborhood, and let every
other dog around know it. The only time he doesnt run through the fence is
when I'm outside with him. We have the collar with the highest shock
available, and the next step is a shocking body harness. I dont think we'll
ever get it though, couldn't bare the thought of zapping him anymore than we
are now. They say it takes time and practice, so Lord willing, one day it'll
work the way it's supposed too. Good Luck!
Christopher Pratt
Suffolk,VA