Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr size

>Nickolaos, does Greece have its own breed standard, and what does it call
>for in size ?  Cyn.
>
>Cindy Henke
>clhenke@juno.com
>Ennis, Texas

Greece follows UK standards I guess... There are no specific standards for
Greece as far as I know, probably because  KCG (Kennel Club of Greece) is
not very well organised (yet - I hope.)

I ask about Pyr size because there's a breeder here who has the biggest dogs
I've ever seen in my life! Actually he's not a dedicated Pyr breeder, and
I'm a little suspicious about his intentions (I think he's profit-oriented.)
Anyway, his Pyrs are HUGE! They are from Hungary (that's what he says) and
he claims his male is about 39in at whithers!!! I don't know if he is 39
inches but I can tell you this Pyr is much BIGGER than an Irish Wolfhound
that a friend of mine has!
I've also noticed that the AKC standard has a limit of 32 inches, while the
TKC (UK) standard has no upper limit in height.

I'm confused... :-)

Nikos.

Nikolaos C. Koutsomarkos
Athens, Greece